Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Social Network for Change

I've been thinking about the social network phenomenon and what it means to me and my agenda for personal change. With Zaadz.com I've found I've been prompted to remember a lot of books and movies I've seen and when I add those to my profile, click on them and find a group of people who have also listed those things, I get to click on their profiles and find even more stuff.
Of course that is the danger as well, finding more stuff. Ultimately you need to have the confidence in your own experience that it is enough. That you have the wisdom of the ancient of days in you and that you need to listen to that voice.

On another tangent, I'm reading Ken Wilber's Eye to Eye text right now. It is some refresher for me concerning the history of scientism and philosophy but I like how he has defined body, mind and soul as three eyes. I've only read a bit of Wilber's stuff but I'm finding it really resonates with where I'm at right now.

2 comments:

~C4Chaos said...

yep, that Wilber guys is smart. but if you want a synopsis of his philosophy, i highly recommend the book One Taste. you'll get to know the philosopher, the writer, the comedian, the narcissist, the nondual, and then some.

~r

Kirtim said...

I almost bought One Taste last week but for some reason decided I didn't want to peer that closely at Wilber yet. I think I will go back and get the book next time I'm at the store. Thanks for the recommendation.