Sunday, March 12, 2006

Burn baby burn
Lately, I've been thinking about manifesting and I am reading Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain. Here is a book that I've known about for years and yet it isn't until now that I flipped through the contents and said hey, this is good teaching.

So I have decided one of the visualizations I'm actively doing is the medicine buddha. I have been doing this for about six years now, but I have finally hit a point where I am now visualizing the medicine buddha over our house.
It is with this visualization and mantra and the purchase of incense today, that I come to the point of this blog. I am going to do a "spring cleaning" burn in my backyard. This is my own idea but one that I'm pretty sure I can track down to some practice some where, perhaps the native idea of a smudge? I am going to burn the christmas tree and other christmas ornaments as well as incense and hope to attain some sense of offering to all the protecting spirits.

1 comment:

Kirtim said...

Of course there are deluded spirits as there are deluded people. Is that dualistic? I don't think so. It is the idea of skandas or forms.