Saturday, April 01, 2006

Learning Organizations
I'm developing an interest in learning societies. Otto Scharmer has developed a very clear model that shows the incredibly valuable connection between transforming both self and the culture. Another good book that I'm reading which has been around for a while is The Dance of Change. A bunch of co-authors on this one but Peter Senge is the one that stands out. Now this book is more specifically about business culture but I find it very encouraging reading these ideas from top business leaders and the insights that they have had that point to the benefit of decentralizing authority.
Change is inevitable but it seems that organizations truely resist change and this is what can cause so many problems within organizations.
One change that I've brought to my approach of going into meetings where I usually feel nervous or appathetic is to keep the wisdom mantra in single pointed concentration. It helps me apply myself more to the problem and be more attuned to energy issues within the group that is meeting.

No comments: