Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A nerve thread
Statement: Subjective experience does not lead to facts.

Question: Does this mean that facts don't add up to subjective experiences? Do facts lead to objective experiences, experiences that we all can have or do have or must have? What then is a fact? A fact is something that is perceived and perception is something subjective.

Therefore facts are subjective. Now what to do?

Does subjective experience preclude objectivity? I guess the problem is what to use to determine the validity of a subjective experience? If I can say this is my experience and expect that to be the truth I can say God spoke to me. But how does one disprove or prove this? Through their own experience and the so called nature of the universe. How do you arrive at an idea of the nature of the universe?

No comments: